I am currently accepting selected Adult, Young Adult, middle grade and children’s books for review. You can send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org with your query..
I accept print ARCs and finished copies only
I am NOT accepting e-books interactive media books at this time. Review requests for these books will not receive a reply. I apologise if that seems blunt but I get so many requests that I am unable to reply to all of these.
I accept Adult, YA, MG and Kids fiction in the following genres:
- Historical fiction
I am NOT accepting books in the following genres:
- High Fantasy (I adore Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and even Game of Thrones but I’m afraid I don’t enjoy books such as Throne of Glass/ACOTAR etc so I really couldn’t give you a fair review
- Most memoirs/modern biographies
- Non fiction “Issues” books (dying mothers, cancer diagnoses, mental illnesses, family drama, etc
- Short story compilations
- Overtly preachy religious fiction (although some Christian values are fine)
If I accept a book for review, that does not guarantee an immediate review.
I will make every effort to read and review in a timely fashion and with regard to release dates, but I cannot guarantee this. I prefer to receive a book at least 4 months prior to when you would like the review posted.
Please note: I schedule my posts months in advance (that is, if you contact me in January, the odds are slim to none that I will have an opening available for you in February).
I will write a review for almost every book I finish. Many reviews will also be posted on Goodreads, though not all and they may be modified. My reviews are written in a relaxed manner reminiscent of a conversation among friends. They are not meant to be objective literary critiques.
I write fair and honest reviews, but this does not mean I will always write positive reviews. My reviews are my opinion, and if I don’t enjoy a book then my review will reflect that. As you have sent me a book in exchange for an honest review, I presume this is what you expect.
With that said, I strive to explain why the book in question did not work for me personally. I do NOT write nasty or derisive comments about the book nor the author.
If I do not finish a book I may write an explanation for DNF-ing. These explanations are different from standard reviews and will state that I did not finish the book, what page I read up to, why I did not finish, and if I plan on ever picking up the book again.
All reviews will include the following:
- Cover art
- Book stats: Title, author, publisher, page count, release date, series status
- Where I received the book
- My review: What I liked and didn’t
- Star rating